-->

søndag den 8. november 2009

Gouttes d'eau sur pierres brûlantes





Gouttes d’eau sur pierres brûlantes is a very peculiar film. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and hurried home to watch it. It is so far from what I’d expected, but I was not disappointed. The director is the fantastic Francois Ozon (8 Femmes, Une robe d’été, Le temps qui reste) and the actors in this tragic love story are Malik Zidi, Bernard Giraudeau, Anna Levine and Ozon’s favourite, the beautiful Ludivine Sagnier . What I love about Ozon is that his films have this slightly ironic or sarcastic feeling to them. I would go as far as calling them rather campy. The music and the clothes are often on the tacky side. It is very difficult to explain the sensation; instead one should really just watch the film.

I realized that I was crying my eyes out because of a lederhosen wearing hipster that listens to Schlagers, and I liked it. Also, the soundtrack features (apart from Tony Holiday’s fabulous “Tanze samba mit mir”) a very beautiful and moving song (god I’m such a wuss) “Träume” sung by Francoise Hardy.

This film is worth watching.

- Andrae

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar