-->

tirsdag den 2. februar 2010

Der Blaue Engel



I recently watched "Der Blaue Engel" directed by Josef von Sternberg, starring Emil Jannings and Marlene Dietrich - one of my favorite actresses, I love the way she's so mysterious, cold and flirtatious at the same time (fourth pic.). I quite liked the film even though it's relatively slow at times. It's about the strict professor Immanuel, and how he finds out, that his students go out every night to "der blaue engel" and watch Lola Lola perform slightly undressed... He falls in love with her, gets fired and joins the show. It's actually a bit frightening and unplesant in the end, but that's just cool. Lola Lola sings some pretty nice songs. I also like the way the scenes fade out - about 15 seconds, where it slowly gets darker and darker.
Whenever I watch films from the 30's, I want to become a singer/danser and I want to wear fab clothes and be like Lola Lola or Sally Bowles!
This film is definately worth seeing!

"Love's always been my game
Play it how I may
I was made that way
Can't help it" - Lola Lola
- Juhan


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar