-->

mandag den 8. november 2010

Sunday films

Yesterday I spontaneosly turned my day into a filmfest, which was rather nice. I started my day by watching some gore-horror or whatever you call it:









"Hostel", director: Eli Roth ("Deathproof", "Inglorious Basterds" etc.). This film has been psycho-hyped and in my opinion beyond its potential, I do not dislike the film at all, in fact I think it is definitely a film that I'll return to several times. However everyone I've spoken to that has seen it has told me to "steer clear of this twisted Gorno flick" and "Oh my GAWD do not watch it, it is the most disgusting thing!" etc. etc. And, I'm not playing cool or anything, but it really wasn't that bad/ that Gory, I had actually hoped that there'd be more grime, pus, blood, vomit and violence...
With that said, this film has an amazing "American Pie"/"Eurotrip"-feel to it whilst preserving a really nasty undertone, and incidentally establishing that Europeans are often psychos who like to pay shitloads of money to slaughter Americans. The setting is positively fantastic, it takes place in Slovakia and the naked terrain and the ex-Soviet buildings create a perfect atmosphere. Definitely a must-see for the gore-people!







"Saw 3d", director: Kevin Greutert ("The strangers", a lot of other "Saw" films). Well, hmm, yeah... Saw I was pretty good, Saw II was alright, I haven't seen the rest, but decided to check out the 3D screens of CPH... And I thought it was a good film. Jigsaw's traps are always very fascinating and gross, and they are obviously the reason for peoples fondness of the Saw movies...concerning the 3D-effects, there weren't a lot of them, but it was cool to get entrails and chunks of wood thrown in your face, I'd wish that they had used it more!
The guy playing the new villain, by the name of Hoffman, is Mr. Costas Mandylor, whom I am unfortunately unable to take seriously because of his role as the Hot Monk aka Friar Fuck in Sex and the City (haha, what a shame indeed), but he is good - not as good as Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) obviously.
I can't really judge this film properly because I had to pee so bad throughout most of the film and was unable to leave the cinema, but it's quite good, I mean it's alright, but it's not necessary to watch...





"Buried", director: Rodrigo Cortés. This film is good, it's very tragic and sad. It's plot is kind of lame and at times very...stereo-american but it's execution is fabulous. It takes place in a coffin in which Ryan Reynolds (Berg!) is buried, he has a cellphone and a few other things at his service, and from thereon begins an amazingly heartbreaking story of a mans desperate struggle to survive.
If you're claustrophobic do not watch this film, the camera never leaves the coffin. I liked it, and it made me feel very sad.


- Andrae

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar