-->

onsdag den 22. december 2010

Greatest pop songs p.1

I rarely like contemporary pop music, since I usually find it hatefull. In my opinion the set-up of current popular mainstream music is hostile, sexist and just really vile. Artists such as Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Christina Aguilera etc. etc. have nothing constructive to say, their lyrics are about how special and fabulous they are, and the way the music is expressed, through videos, is just utterly self-centered, body-conscious and idealist. With that said, from time to time, mainstream culture produces a gorgeously written and brilliantly composed pop song that makes you feel happy and fluffy inside, which in my opinion, is what pop-music is all about. I will do a few posts presenting what I think are fantastic examples of great contemporary pop music - and by contemporary I mean pop from about 2005 up until now.
The first song is Sugababes "How I feel about you now", a song with a lovely and catchy sound and a positive message! This is one of my all time favorite pop songs, and I dare say that I very very raerely put a more current pop song on that list. enjoy.



-Andrae

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar