-->

søndag den 27. marts 2011

back from the travels

oi ok, im home and will be blogging some about my trip, pictures are on their way, meanwhile why dont we take a look at some of the films i've watched in Paris's lovely Filmotheque du quatier Latin
aka La Filmo. One of Paris's older cinemas, placed on the rue de champollion, where many a cinephile has set his or her feet.

I was very lucky, during my stay in Paris, La Filmo were having a Fritz Lang theme. So I'll start where I ended, the last film I got to see in La Filmo - "Rancho Notorious" starring the gorgeous Marlene Dietrich among others. This film is from 1952 and the version they showed was in technicolor, which was quite strange when i'd just gotten used to black and white films. It is a western about verns (Arthur Kennedy search for his fiances killer, in order to revenge her, he travels far to a mysterious place called chuckaluck where he finds the beautiful landlady Altar Keane (Dietrich) and loads of criminals, that she hides from the authoritites in order to get a share of their loot! Now remains the questions, who is the killer?
This film is quite amusing, the song "The legend of chuck-A-luck" is absolutely brilliant, it is in no way my favorite fritz lang film, but i am sure that it is perfect for a day with hangovers.

more to come
- Andrae

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar