-->

mandag den 10. maj 2010

Food and Marco Pierre White, genius



God this is so lame. I've been watching (and reading about) Marco Pierre White's cooking, and I am very amazed by his commitment and his passion for food (blah blah blah) and he's very sexy. But that's not the point. I REALLY don't like his attitude/arrogance in 'the great british feast' but at least he doesn't go and insult less succesful cooks like Ramsay does, which is good. So actually what I've been watching is the 'Marco at Harveys' or whatever it's called and I am in awe of this man because he manages to make food so much more than just something for you to stuff yer face with. Enough with the fangirl talk.
Tonight I experimented with creating patterns with a simple caramel based on vinegar and sugar. I saw Pierre White used a sort of caramel cage to decorate his deserts, which was aestetically absolutely gorgeous. However, since I'm not at all as interested in or impressed by pastry, meringues, ice cream and that sort of thing, simply because it seems to have a smaller range of visual possibility (It's probably not true but whatever), and because I've got more of a savoury than a sweet tooth, I figured I might try a different approach and try and create shapes and patterns in vinegar-caramel so that it could be used in salads and perhaps also on top of a steak if possible. It was my first try tonight and it looks a mess but I am very excited about the idea.
I'll post some pictures of my ovenroasted tomatoes soon.

- Andrae

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar