-->

torsdag den 16. februar 2012

About a very surreal conversation

So I think I have to put this in writing while I still remember the most important details. Last Night I went to an open mike in Copenhagen with my friend Sofie and she met two young women that she apparently knows, however somewhat superficially. Anyway after the show they came up and started talking to my friend, I was just observating the whole situation. At some point the loudest of the two of them, lets call her Kelly Rowland, asks my friend where she lives the conversation kinda went as follows:
 
Kelly Rowland: Oh you live at Amager, yeah I know a lot of people who live there, I'd totally live there if it hadn't been for parents buying me a flat in Vesterbro.
Sofie: right ok, my friend is moving to Vesterbro, there's this street called the West End, right near Vela, that's where she's moving.
Kelly Rowland: I don't think there's a place in Copenhagen called the West End.
Sofie: well there is.
Kelly Rowland: Oh and we go to Vela ALL THE TIME. It's a nice place. You know you don't have to be a lesbian to go there, I have many lesbian friends. As soon as they know that you're straight they stop hitting on you. So it's great bar, like Cozy but you know, with women instead. Are you a lesbian?
Sofie:...No (looks at me with slight desperation)
Lassie, Kelly Rowlands friend: OMG that is such an inappropriate question, Kelly Rowland!
Kelly Rowland: I don't think so. To me it is natural you know, I'm just the type of person who asks people about that. It's a natural thing, a lot of my friends are lesbian, I also know a lot of gay guys. (lets out a hysterical laugh, high-pitched like Karen Walker). Me and Lassie broke the rules of this place, you know when they clean up under our table there's like SO many empty beer cans HAHAHA.
Lassie: Yah! HAHAHA. Do you want a nut ( offers me a peanut from a cup), it's a special nut.
Andrae: No uhm, no thank you I'm good.

Later on Sofie told me that she had never met Kelly Rowland before. I am completely into the whole 'go and talk to strangers'-concept, and I really don't mind people asking me about my sexuality, I don't think Sofie minds either. But this was a surreal, SURREAL moment!

Here are the Donnas singing about how hard life can be when you like someone who has a girlfriend:

- Andrae

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar