-->

tirsdag den 14. februar 2012

Empowerment

I am always very interested in size positive- and fat activism,  but these days I spend most of my waking hours making lists of different kinds of inspirational (NOT THINSPIRATIONAL!) stuff that you can find online. I checked the Fat Dinosty facebook page and they recommended the TV series Huge which has unfortunately been cancelled after only one season. However it really is a nice TV series that makes activism more 'accesible' through the main character Will.
Whilst making these lists I realised that I know very few Body Positive Pop songs, and the lists online are very similar to each other. So anyway I thought I might just post the list here and maybe add some more songs along the way. These songs are not arranged in order of awesomeness, it's just random, let's start with the obvious choices:
MIKA - Big Girl You Are Beautiful


En Vogue - Free Your Mind


TLC - Unpretty


Destiny's Child - Bootylicious

This is mainstream propaganda music but it still kicks ass

Now the next ones are of very different genres and the message kinda differs, it can be about activism in general, not letting people get to you or taking shit from anybody, loving and living no matter what or who you are.
Gossip - Dimestore Diamond, live at Coachella


Miss Platnum - Give me the food


L7 - Fast and Frightening


Queen Latifah - U.N.I.T.Y


Dave End - And by Queen

Ok, I could go on and on, but let's stop it here for today. Enjoy it!

- Andrae

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar