-->

mandag den 25. januar 2010

How not to be Edward Cullen








I remember having a kinda-crush on Pattinson as Cedric Diggory when watching the fourth Harry Potter movie
, obviously Ron Weasley/Rupert Grint (drool) stole his thunder with his ...lovely arms and impressive facial expressions.

Last night I watched "How to be" directed by one Oliver Irving. I had expected that it would be borderline crap or just mediocre. It was not. It was witty and had a very interesting plot. It is about a young, dissatisfied man called Arthur who decides to spend his money on flying a canadian therapist to London, because Arthur wants to "get fixed" since he is weird and always unhappy. The angles are fantastic, the scenes are not 'hurried', we like it.
What I particularly liked about this very well-executed film was it's amazing portrayal of pretentiousness amongst younger people (aged 15-30...dunno). Letting the characters create their own 'intellectual' terms for things (Naïvity, Lesbitarianism) and mentioning people like Nietzsche ('Nietzeeee') is what is so sweet and fantastic about this movie. Arthur and his friends are hilarious and pathetic and I find that comforting.
Arthur (Pattinson) has a sort-of best friend called Ronny (Johnny White - I find him sexy) who, for me, was the most loveable character I've seen in a long time.
This film is actually kind of brilliant.

Ronny: "You know, what I love most about you Arthur is your naïvity (...) It would probably be advantageous if you could escape from structures (...) just try and escape from the consumeristic-materialisticness of it all."

Ronny: "I have a balance of self already and I also think I'm probably getting a migrane."

Nikki: "Like, you ever heard of that dude Nietzeee? had this amazing philosophy, basically saying that you go round London and you stick your dick in anything, yeah and the whole world just loves you for it for some reason."

- Andrae

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar