-->

onsdag den 13. januar 2010

Weekend; wine, cookie dough and shitloads of movies



I had an absolutely terrific weekend. Whilst knocking back many a bottle of cheap redwine and uncooked baked goods, we watched films, the following will be the ones that are worth mentioning;
"The Big Lebowski" by Joel Coen, with Jeff Bridges ( I love that he, "The Dude" also stars in "The mirror has two faces" with the lovely Barbra Streisand, incidentally that movie is pec
uliar and nice), John Goodman (whom I only remember from "Blues Brothers 2000" and that sitcom called "Roseanne") and Steve Buscemi (wroof! "Ghost World", "Con Air"(Haha), "Resevoir dogs" etc.) and also the fantastic mr. David Thewlis (He plays Professor Lupin in the Harry Potter films, also; "Naked") has a small but well-played part in this film. I've watched it before, I have faith that it will never lose its greatness. Fantastic Soundtrack!

The Dude: "Walter he peed on my rug"
Donny: "He peed on the Dude's rug"






"Inglourious Basterds" by Tarantino, with many many people that have been credited too often, yet i feel a need to mention Eli Roth in the role as the "Bearjew", sgt. Donny Donowitz (who incidentally also stars in "The mirror has two faces" - every badass nazibutcher has a past, nudge nudge), Til Schweiger as my absolute favorite character in this movie the german basterd Hugo Stiglitz. Denis Menochet as Perrier LaPadite from the first scene, and of course Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa. Also I think it is amazing that Samm Levine from "Freaks and Geeks" is playing a basterd, that really made my day. I thought it was amazing watching it in the cinema, but I certainly do not regret buying the DVD.

Hugo Stiglitz: "Say Auf Wiedersehen to your nazi-balls"





"Me and Charly" (Danish: Mig og Charly) from 1978 which
is a danish teenage drama-comedy film about two boys and their (at times rather homoerotic) friendship. They become friends despite their different backgrounds. I love it, I really still do.
Lovely.

- Andrae

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar