-->

tirsdag den 21. september 2010

Well Well


I barely have time to get neither cultural nor intelletssssschual these days, or maybe I'm just incredibly lazy. So what to write about? what to write about indeed. I am currently in the process of semi-reading a couple of books, two of which I'd like to share some thought on.
1: Physiologie du Gout - a book from 1700-something that reveals the basics of gastronomy and also blabs out a couple of very sexist, very hilarious aforisms, such as "A Dessert without cheese is like a wonderful woman, with one eye missing". It is written in a very solemn and serious tone which makes this 'food-manifest' a very enjoyable and amusing read, especially for fans of gastronomy and/or the mentioning of anything edible.
2: Graphic Storytelling - a guide to creating a coherent, functioning and rythmic graphic storyline (comics red.) by one of my heroes, the brilliant Will Eisner. I own the "New YorK" book which is one of my all time favorite books/graphic novels. This book, graphic storytelling, is an interesting way of experiencing the process of drawing and designing comics and graphic novels, again something that is maybe a bit niche (not to toot my own horn but my gawd what a complex outcast I am indeed) but very comforting on a rainy day.
So there - that was "litterature".
concerning the subject of light entertainment such as cinema and crappy tv-shows I haven't really got the emotional energy to start watching all the fancy Nouvelle Vague and german expressionist films that I probably ought to watch, therefore I continue to watch my old, moldy favorite films such as "Mig og Charlie", "Harold and Maude", "Pretty in Pink" etc. And I am naturally still hooked on The Mighty Boosh.
Ps. God it's lovely to actually have readers!
Cheers people

- Andrae

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar